After you're done scheduling your trip, we'll show you passengers that share similar routes and departure times to yours. They will also be able to see you on their side. At this point, there are several things you can do to increase your chances of carpooling with someone:
Offer a ride
- After you have found a passenger (or several passengers) that matches your criteria, you can offer a ride to them by tapping "Offer ride" on the map screen of the trip you want to take (1st image below).
- After you complete the step above, the passenger(s) will be notified that you would like them to join you in your trip. You will also be able to see the status of your offer at the bottom of the screen (2nd and 3rd images below).
Accept a passenger's ride request
- As soon as you're done scheduling a trip, passengers that get matched with you can signal their interest in carpooling with you by sending you a ride request. Whenever this happens, we'll notify you so that you can have a look and decide if you'd like to share one of the empty seats in your car with that passenger or not.
- When you receive a ride request from a passenger, you can either accept (see image below) or decline it. This last one will remove the passenger from your matches for that particular trip (doesn't affect other trips on different days/times).
Chat with the passenger(s)
- You can, at any time, send a chat message to any passenger that you see in your suggestions. According to our Data Wizards, doing so nicely boosts your chances of getting a reply back from them!
- To do this, first tap the top half of the passenger's info card (1st image below) and then tap the "Chat" button (2nd image below). If the passenger has provided their phone number and made it visible, you will also be able to call them.
- When chatting with a passenger, try asking them if they'd be interested to join your carpool first. If they reply positively, then you can also discuss the time and place that you should meet at (in case you or them would be more comfortable in meeting in a different place than the one indicated by the app).
Follow the steps above and you'll be doing carpools in no time! 🙌